- Back to Gourmandia Recipes
- Use your browser's print button to print the recipe with Standard A4 size. or Click on Printer-icon
- 4 zander fillets
- 1 squash
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 onions
- 1 bottle of Syrah (red wine)
- Fowl bouillon
- 1 pepper
- 1 piece of sugar
- 4 potatoes
- 1 tip of garlic
- Salt, pepper
The key idea is to start of from a very basic, classic recipe: Baking potatoes.
- The potato baking consists of potatoes, onions, some bouillon and is cooked in the oven. The zander will be served in the middle of this. On the fish, there will be a type of chutney, meaning: small butternut squash dice.
Baking the squash:
- Take a small gratin plate, or a deep saucepan, butter, squash, potatoes, onion and a tip of garlic.
- Start by colouring the onions for 3-4 minutes, so that they are well done. In the meanwhile, peel the squash and cut slices of about 2-3 mm each. Do the same with the potatoes. Add the garlic, minced, a layer of potatoes, the onion, and salt and pepper. Add another layer, but this time, replace the potatoes with squash.
- Add just a bit of the fowl bouillon, bring it to boil, and put it in the oven to cook.
Red wine sauce:
- The zander adapts itself very well to the red wine. Knowing this fact, we utilize about ¾ of a bottle of Syrah red wine. Reduce about ¾ of it. Add a small piece of sugar, and let it all melt with some butter.
Butternut squash chutney:
- The butternut, which has been cut into small squares, will be mixed with red pepper and onion, thus playing with the colours and creating a very fine taste. Without waiting too long, add the pepper (cut into small squares as well), the butternut and some olive oil. After about 2-3 minutes, when the chutney is well cooked, add some sugar and a bit of vinegar to lighten the whole.
Copyright © Gourmandia.com™ - Prior consent needed for all commercial use.
- Colour one side, turn it around, colour the other side, and put it in the oven.
- How to judge whether the fish has been sufficiently cooked? Simply by stinging inside the fish after about 5-6 minutes and touching its lips. When it's lukewarm, the fish is cooked.
- Now, everything is ready. You only have to arrange the serving dish with the portion of zander and butternut squash chutney. Pour some sauce on top of it, but not too much, because it is very concentrated.